Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SSSTS-R)
SMAS Worksafe now offers Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) and SSSTS-R CITB courses. This course is for those who have already completed their SSSTS course and are just looking to take the refresher course to maintain their certificate.
- Fully online/remote via Microsoft Teams
- 1 day course, 9am to 5pm, available monthly
- Only £169.00 excl. VAT including exam resit if required
- Led by a CITB qualified instructor
- 1 day only with 22 multiple choice questions exam
- Valid for 5 more years
About the Course:
The course lasts for just a day and once you have sat through the course you will have an exam at the end. The exam is made up of 22 multiple choice questions and 3 written questions with the minimum pass rate being 80%.
The training is entirely online, so you can do it on a day that suits you without having to leave your own home and the course price is £169 but you can claim money back from the CITB. For more information on the CITB funding, you can visit our blog.
Who is SSSTS-R for?
This course is for those who have completed their SSSTS training course and now require the refresher course to maintain a valid certificate.
What content is covered?
This course will go over all of the modules completed in your SSSTS Course. You can expect to be refreshed on:
- How to use your supervisory position to maintain a safe site
- How you’re responsible for implementing health and safety law
- The importance of undertaking risk assessments and producing method statements
- Adequate inductions to sites, method statement briefings and toolbox talks
- Observing the site activities properly
- Intervening when bad practice is discovered
What does an SSSTS-R course cover?
The refresher course will cover the same modules as the original SSSTS course. This includes:
- Legal and management expectations
- Health, welfare and general safety duties
- How to manage high-risk activities
- Participating in environmental and specialist activities.
How many questions are there in the SSSTS-R exam?
The exam itself is made up of 22 multiple choice questions and three, short written questions. These include four safety critical questions which must all be answered correctly to pass the exam. The pass rate for the exam is 80%.
How many days is the refresher course?
The SSSTS – refresher course lasts for one day and you’re required to take this course every five years to maintain your certificate.
Can you do an SSSTS-R course online?
Yes, this course can now be booked online and will be carried out via an online meeting app. The course will cover the same modules as it would if it were carried out face-to-face and it will be led by a CITB-qualified instructor. The two-day course costs £169 per attendee.
What happens if you fail the SSSTS-R?
If you fail the exam, you can be offered an immediate re-sit which you can take on the same day. However, should you fail the re-sit, you will need to enrol for an SSSTS reassessment within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge. Once you pass, you will then be awarded the certificate as normal.