Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
SMAS Worksafe now offers Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS). The course is for those who are considering, or already have supervisory responsibilities.
- Fully online/remote via Microsoft Teams
- 2-day course – 9am to 5pm every Monday
- Only £235.00 excl. VAT including exam resit if required
- Led by a CITB qualified instructor
- The exam has 22 multiple choice questions and 3 short written questions
- CITB Site Safety Plus Certificate Awarded
- Valid for 5 years
About the Course:
The course lasts for 2 days and once you have sat through the course you will have an exam at the end. The exam is made up of 22 multiple choice questions and the minimum pass rate is 80%.
The training is entirely online, so you can do it on a day that suits you without having to leave your own home and the course price is £235 excl. VAT but you can claim money back from the CITB. For more information on the CITB funding, you can visit our blog.
Who is SSSTS for?
If you are a site supervisor or have supervisory responsibilities (in charge of 3 or more employees) then the SSSTS is suitable. Applicants should be competent in English at the site supervisor level.
What content is covered?
At the end of the Site Supervisor Safety Training online course, you will have an understanding of:
- How to use your supervisory position to maintain a safe site
- How you’re responsible for implementing health and safety law
- The importance of undertaking risk assessments and producing method statements
- Adequate inductions to sites, method statement briefings and toolbox talks
- Observing the site activities properly
- Intervening when bad practice is discovered
If you already have an SSSTS qualification but are looking to take the refresher course, you can book one on our dedicated page.
What does an SSSTS course cover?
- Legal and management expectations
- Health, welfare and general safety duties
- How to manage high-risk activities
- Participating in environmental and specialist activities.
The course is made up of both written and practical work, and you could be required to participate in group work as well as individual work.
How many questions are there in the SSSTS exam?
The exam itself is made up of 22 multiple choice questions and three, short written questions. These include four safety critical questions which must all be answered correctly to pass the exam. The pass rate for the exam is 80%.
How many days is the SSSTS course?
The SSSTS course lasts for two days and you’re required to take a one-day refresher course every five years.
Can you do an SSSTS course online?
Yes, SSSTS courses can now be booked online and will be carried out via an online meeting app. The course will cover the same modules as it would if it were carried out face-to-face and it will be led by a CITB-qualified instructor. The two-day course costs £235 (excl. VAT) per attendee.
What happens if you fail the SSSTS?
If you fail the SSSTS exam, you can be offered an immediate re-sit which you can take on the same day. However, should you fail the re-sit, you will need to enrol for an SSSTS reassessment within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge. Once you pass, you will then be awarded the certificate as normal.