We now offer CITB Approved Training, with Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) and the SSSTS refresher courses available via our robust online training platform.
If you are interested in booking your SSSTS course with our Worksafe Training Team, please use our enquiry form.
Who is SSSTS for?
If you are a site supervisor or have supervisory responsibilities (in charge of 3 or more employees) then the SSSTS is suitable. Applicants should be competent in English at the site supervisor level.
What content is covered?
At the end of the Site Supervisor Safety Training online course, you will have an understanding of:
- How to use your supervisory position to maintain a safe site
- How you are responsible for implementing health and safety law
- The importance of undertaking risk assessments and producing method statements
- Adequate inductions to sites, method statement briefings and toolbox talks
- Observing the site activities properly
- Intervening when bad practice is discovered
How is the online course different from classroom-based training?
The online course provided by SMAS Worksafe will be via an online video meeting app. Applicants will receive training from a CITB qualified instructor, the course will cover the same topics as the classroom course and receive the same certificate, just without the added hassle of travelling to and from the classroom.
Who is the SSSTS Refresher for?
This course is for those that have previously undertaken an SSSTS course. CITB suggests attendance on the refresher course every 5 years.
How much does it cost to take the courses?
The 2-day SSSTS course will cost attendees £280 per person and SSSTS Refresher course just £169.99 per person.